Search
Contact
Login
Share this article
The Home Office announced a new visa extension that allows Ukrainians arriving after the Russian invasion to apply for an additional 18-month stay.
Key Points:
Additional Information: The Home Office said the additional extension demonstrates the U.K.’s long-term commitment to Ukraine since the start of Russia’s full-scale invasion. “This new visa extension scheme provides certainty and reassurance for Ukrainians in the U.K. on their future as this war continues, and we will continue to provide a safe haven for those fleeing the conflict,” said Tom Pursglove MP, Minister for Legal Migration and the Border.
The Home Office announcement followed shortly after Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky’s speech at the Munich Security Conference. Questions remain over whether Ukrainians will have the opportunity to apply for indefinite leave in the future. BAL will continue to monitor developments regarding the invasion of Ukraine and will provide more information as it becomes available.
This alert has been provided by the BAL U.S. Practice Group.
Copyright © 2024 Berry Appleman & Leiden LLP. All rights reserved. Reprinting or digital redistribution to the public is permitted only with the express written permission of Berry Appleman & Leiden LLP. For inquiries, please contact copyright@bal.com.
Last week, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services announced that the H-2B visa cap was reached for the remainder of fiscal…
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services announced it is updating its policy manual to recognize only two biological sexes, male and…
The Department of Trade, Industry and Competition has launched the Business Visa Recommendation System (VRS) to streamline the process for…
The Australian government announced that effective July 1, skilled visa income thresholds will increase by 4.6% to align with changes…